HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
SIESTA is one of Norway’s most beautiful, iconic classic fiberglass boats with a mahogany superstructure. She was built in Finland in 1965 for shipowner Jan Erik Dyvi. The boat was designed by Olin Stephens at Sparkman & Stephens.
Sparkman & Stephens stood out with all their characteristics and building style. This helped to make the yard famous internationally during the 40s and 50s.
RORC: She is designed and adapted to the British RORC rating rules.
Siesta is a beautiful sea cruiser, with steering wheel, teak deck and beautiful white painted Selden rig (sloop) with double win. A very successful design and has construction number # 1767. The well-known sister boat “Norseman”, was an extremely successful regatta boat that has the most victories in the 1960s and 70s. To be exact, she has won 40 awards out of 50 in the IOR race.
In 2017, current owner Erling Storm & his wife Bente bought beautiful Siesta after being owners of Eileen II for 27 years.
The most beautiful boat they found was the Siesta. They sailed in the summer of 2017, and in 2018 they decided to rehabilitate her at Vindø Marin on Orust.
There, Siesta received a really extensive restoration in the winter of 2018-19.
Over 80 points have been improved on the boat –
New teak deck, new bathing ladder for comfortable swimming from the stern, bow thruster, electric winch on the cabin roof for fall and demolition, new sails, deck washer system, solar cell charging and new main electrical system, new LifePod 4 batteries, new instruments and chart plotter, new staircase inside, nickel-plated salon lamp, bell and barometer, new sink and fittings in the toilet room, new drawers under the bunks, new mattress in the forehead with specially sewn sheets, all of the exterior wood is painted with Extrem-Coat which can keep the boat easy to maintain for many years.
She has a warm and safe cockpit with 6 seats and with its own steering well. With a new Raymarine chartplotter mounted on a pedestal, new instrumentation mounted under the aisle placed between the steering wheel and the cockpit and an electric winch on the roof of the cabin, sailing is like a dream. She is easy to sail alone. Storage space in the outside living room aft.
On the bb side below deck you will find a smart and cozy galley with 2 x gas burner and stove with electric ignition. Easy washing with v & k pressurized water. Plenty of closet space over a bench in white Corian for cooking. Corian is an exclusive, durable and solid interior material, and has a pore-free and durable surface that is easy to maintain. It looks like new for a long time. Any damage that occurs can usually be easily repaired.
Two stingrays aft with entrance on bbs with cupboards and living room under the berth. On the sb page you will find the navigation table with technical panel. Smart drawers underneath.
Longitudinal saloon midships sb side and U-saloon bb side with foldbard coffee table. Cabinets over settees on both sides. The toilet room with nice sink in Corian with v & k pressurized water. The electric toilet is cleverly placed on a plate of Corian. Double cabin in the forepeak with sleeping space for two people. Good with living space and cabinets. Radio mounted in cabin. Full standing height below deck.
Rig (sloop), white lacquered in Holland. Rare Rodkick w / gas spring.
Engine and service:
The engine, a Volvo Penta D2 – 40hp diesel engine, shaft drive. Engine can be reached between the galley and the navigation table amidships. Service history.
- Hull penetrations
- Gelcoat & epoxy treated UV.
- 1 x septik – emptying over water (New 2019)
- Water tank – 200 litres
- Hot water 15 L
- Diesel tank – 200 L
- 3 x gas L 3L
Mast height: approx. 18 metres
Sail / Rig:
- Mainsail from North Sails, 2 rev
- Genoa from North Sails
- All sails are new and are in good condition. Rare 300S Furlex rolling system
- Rare rodkick w / gas spring
- Spriboom – attached to the mast
- Lazy jacks
- Boom cover in blue
- Trolleys mounted on a mast to facilitate hoisting and lowering of sails
- Sprayhood with hoop – acid resistant
- Cockpit tent
- Boom tent, sand-colored
- Raymarine Hybridtouch 9 “
- Gateway NMEA 2000 EMU-1-BAS. Converts data from analog motor meters / senders to NMEA 2000 data. Monitors important engine parameters such as temperature, pressure RPM and fluid level.
- Battery Monitor BM-1
- USB socket
- Maritime Fusion Stereo w / Bluetooth
- DAB radio
- VHF Raymarine
- Bow thruster – Sidepower SE 100 / 185T 12V (NY 2019) (2 x lead)
- 2 x consumption battery Tudor EP450 (New 2019)
- 1 x starter battery
- Solar panel 100 W
- Anchor chain acid-resistant 60 metres
- El Bru anchor in bow, acid-proof w / remote control
- Electric bilge pump 25-40A (New 2019)
- EL toilet
- Pushpit w / bathing ladder (New 2019)
- Man rope with opening on both sides (New 2019)
- Andersen 28TH Electric winch on a cabin roof (New 2019)
- Stand for life raft in teak attached to cabin roof (New 2019)
- Life raft
- Cold & hot pressurized water in galley and bathroom
- Inverter + charger – 220 installation
- Eberspacher heater
- Gas alarm
- Isotemp cooling box
- 3 x gooseneck on cabin roof for ventilation
- Fenders and ropes
- Stretch fish protectors
- Shaped winter tarpaulin Norena
VIEWING: Through CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE
DISCLAIMER: Classic Yacht Brokerage offer the details and photographs of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information or images or warrant the condition of the vessel, machinery or rig. Buyers should instruct their representative, agents or their surveyors to investigate such details as the buyer requires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.