HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
STILL WATERS II formerly known as TAVY was built as a tender for RMS MAURETANIA, 1906 – 1934. The ship was sold by Cunard-White Star in May 1935 which essentially dates STILL WATERS II from the 1920s or possibly earlier.
The current owners purchased the boat in 2014 where she was lifted out of the water at Southampton in June 2014 and fully restored by a specialist wooden boat builder until transported to the Thames and returned to the water in July 2015.
The work completed was carried out by Phil Goddard, a well known Southampton vintage boat restorer (now retired). STILL WATERS II was stripped down to the bare teak hull which was found to be sound. During the course of the rebuild the work included:
* Removal of the centre thwart and replacement with a steel frame to allow a walk-though deck
* New teak extended wheelhouse
* New teak decking
* New bespoke fuel tank
* New iroko gunwhale
* All fittings and cleats in brass (antique)
* New marine ply and iroko seating
* Reconditioned 70hp Thornycroft 6 cylinder engine and gearbox
* All new electrical system including shore power and inverter
* Cabin lighting
* new stern seat made of a huge piece of solid mahogany
* Solid brass Porthole in rear of wheelhouse (Antique from the 1930’s to match the boats vintage)
* Varnished teak engine housing covers
* All chrome refurbished and restored
* New marine ply deck flooring
* Hull painted in ivory
* Bespoke blue and white seating and blue cockpit cover from Advanced Covers
The boat was laid up on the hard in 2019 for a re-varnish and paint and due to covid and was put back in the water in 2021
New boat safety certificate and current Thames licence
Still Waters II comes with Warps, Fenders, Anchor and Chain, Seating Cushions and Canvas Cockpit Cover.
A fully restored and well maintained and presented traditional launch. Fascinating history and a rare survivor of our maritime past. Fitted with a good sized diesel engine so ideal for inland, estuary and coastal use. A superb entertaining launch for days out on the river with family and friends. Large socialising cockpit with covered helm for rainy days afloat. Could be converted with the addition of a rear cabin as a weekender/holiday motor cruiser.
GUIDE: Sold – Similar boats required
LYING: River Thames, Surrey
VIEWING: Through CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE
DISCLAIMER: Classic Yacht Brokerage offer the details and photographs of this vessel in good faith as a guide but cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information or images, or warrant the condition of the vessel, machinery or rig. Buyers should instruct their representative, agents or their surveyors to investigate such details as the buyer requires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.