HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
The Nerissa Class are a well known Alan Wright design chiefly built in New Zealand and Australia.
A number of examples have been sailed to the UK including Autumn Leaves a good few years ago.
Built in 1975 to a high specification of double skin Kauri, Dynel epoxy sheathed on hardwood framing and stringers.
Teak laid decks, varnished mahogany coachroof coamings and cockpit.
Autumn Leaves spent most of the late 70’s and 1980’s sailing around the southern hemisphere and spent some time sailing around Fiji and many more South Pacific Islands.
This was the reason she was built with double diagonal Kauri as there is always the risk of coming across unchartered reefs in this area. The hope being she would survive hitting one. Luckily this was never tested! She even made it as far as South Africa.
During the 1990’s she was moored in Sydney just under the famous Sydney Harbour bridge. She cruised up and down the east coast of Australia.
In 2001 she was sold to Michael Watt who then shipped her to the UK, the current owner taking over full ownership, as opposed to joint, in 2009.
LOA: 10.90 m
Beam: 3.20 m
Maximum Draft: 1.60 m
Total Power: 20 HP
Engine Brand: Beta BD 722
Year Built: 2003
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 100
Propeller: 2 blade propeller
Drive Type: Shaft Drive
Fresh Water Tanks: 2 (135 Litres)
Fuel Tanks: 1 (135 Litres)
- Beta BD 722 3 cyl diesel engine
- Installed in 2003
- Shaft drive seal (plus 5 years)
- 2 bladed propeller
- Serviced March 2016
- Engine has been run between 15 and 30 hours a year since new
- 2 x 12 volt batteries
- Trickle Charger fitted
- Shore Power
- 2 x 240v sockets
- GPS/Plotter — Garmin 172c
- Tiller Pilot – Atohelm ST4000
- Speed – Raytheon ST40
- Depth Nasa Marine Target 2
- VHF(DSC) – Icom IC-M421
- Nav Lights
- Clock & Barometer
- Radar reflector
Sail, Spars and Rigging
Spars and rigging
- Bermuda sloop rig
- Aluminium mast and spars
- Sloop rigged with slab reefing
- Stainless steel standing rigging (replaced March 2016)
- Furling head sail (new in 2010)
- Main Sail (new in 2015)
Interior & Domestic
- 6 berths in 2 cabins plus saloon
- Green upholstery throughout (replaced September 2014)
- White curtains
- Sink with hot and cold pressurised water
- 2 burner gas cooker with oven and grill
- Refridgerator (cool box)
- Plenty of storage space
- Heads are situated to port in the bow with a sink and Lavac toilet in good condition
- Large saloon table
- Forward cabin has a big double berth with shelving and stowage
- 1 x Anchor 33lb Bruce type anchor with chain
- Large 1997 American SS Manual Anchor Winch
- Boatcover only used a couple of times and in excellent condition, cost new £4,500.
- Fire extinguisher and blanket (new 2015)
- Manual bilge
- Last lifted March 2016 – scrubbed and antifouled
- Warps and fenders
- Boarding ladder
- Evidence of VAT paid
- Small ships registration document
- March Survey 2015 – available
A particularly well maintained and presented Nerissa Class Sloop built to a high specification in Auckland.
A well proven off-shore / long distance cruiser, Autumn Leaves has sailed many thousands of miles in the current and previous ownerships.
Now offered at a very reasonable price to sell this summer, the owner finds little time for sailing with family commitments.
VIEWING: Through the brokers – CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE