HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
Evora is a traditionally designed merchant-ship built in 1931 in Kiel, reputedly from re-claimed steel from the Great War by one of Germany’s largest shipyards, Friedrich Krupp Germaniawerft, employers of 10,000 people and builders of numerous warships, u-boats, merchant ships and yachts. The yard established in 1867 closed in 1945.
Evora was successfully converted in 1981 to a leisure/restaurant vessel trading on the West Coast of Portugal, near Lisbon, certificated for 263 passengers and four crew. She currently carries a valid license as a tourist’s vessel with a bi-annual dry-dock survey, the last inspection June 2016, with photos available.
Three spacious decks currently offering: Top leisure deck, restaurant deck, entertainment/bar deck, kitchens, ladies and gents wc’s.
Twin 180hp GM Detroit diesel engines, fitted in 1992. about 2,000 hours each engine. 7,000 litres fuel capacity (three tanks) consumption around 50 litres an hour at 8 knots. 19,000 litres fresh water capacity in two tanks. Two Iveco Aifo 50 kwa generators.
Koden MD 3400 Radar
VHF Sailor RT 2048 Radio
12 Life Floats for 20 persons each
240 adult life jackets, 64 children’s lifejackets
A tremendous opportunity to purchase a successful charter/leisure vessel (current business not for sale although furnishings included) with a valid licence for 267 people. Ideal for a multitude of uses, subject to regulations.
A spacious, historic vessel offering extensive accommodation on three decks, last dry-docked June 2016. Much recent expenditure to bring the vessel to full commercial commission.
Contact us for more information or an appointment to view.
Guide: Sold – June 2018
Viewing: Through CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE