Designed by Camper & Nicholson Ltd. Northam, Southampton, and built by Tucker Brown & Co, Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex in July 1972 for R C Dowsett and stationed in Gosport. Built mainly of teak and elm, with strong solid teak hull and teak deck, all in good condition.
The shipyard building in England is to a very high standard. Designed for comfortable and safe long-distance sailing. The boat is long keeled, has a deep and safe cockpit, a practical doghouse, newer rig with roller mainsail and a very spacious saloon.
This is a boat that is admired in all ports! A very nice sailboat / yacht with classic lines!
The boat is continuously maintained and very well taken care of. She was greatly upgraded in 2019 with almost everything new. All invoices and documentation are available:
- Brand new engine (2019)
- New electrical system (2019)
- New freshwater plant with cold and hot water (2019)
- New plumbing boiler. Electric and heat from motor. (2019)
- New toilet and system according to new rules (2019)
- New Wallas heater, app controlled (2019)
- New hull penetrations (2019)
- New GPS VHF and autopilot (2019)
- New pumps for fresh water, greywater and automatic emptying pump (2019)
- New canopy and sprayhood (2017)
If you are interested in solid quality and real craftsmanship, or just want a boat that stands out a little in the crowd, this is a boat for you. The boat is easy to handle, even single-handed, it is spacious and has a good size but is still small enough to fit in visits to harbours. This is an excellent boat for long trips, as well as coastal sailing and small trips, alone or with the whole family.
This boat is featured in the book The Proper Yacht, Second Edition by Arthur Beiser, Adlard Cole Publishers 1978 ”
Very spacious boat to be a 38 feet! Deep cockpit that feels safe and sheltered, and the boat is thus excellent for families with children. Good work space on deck, and large storage space in the cockpit. Below deck, it is nicely decorated with good standing height in the doghouse and in the lounge. Map table / workbench for starboard. Kitchenette for port, with paraffin burner, washbasin, large refrigerator and plenty of closet space. Large lounge with very comfortable seating upholstered in nice light leather. Folding serving table. In front you will find a heads compartment to port with washbasin and toilet, and large wardrobe on the starboard side. Bright and pretty fore cabin with sleeping space for 2-3 adults, 2 sleeping places in the saloon, and the possibility of sleeping 2 in the cockpit in the summer. Easy access to engine compartment from hatch in cockpit or under ladder.
Stable long-cooled sails with a total weight of about 10,600 kg. Lead keel. Experienced safe in the sea with good sailing properties. Easy to sail shorthanded with all the falls and joints brought back to the cockpit. Robust steering wheel on pedestal with newly purchased chart plotter. Powerful Rare rig from 2000, with baby stay and spray boom. Roller mainsail and reel genoa. Various other sails included. Sail in good condition. Protection on the roller genoa shift 2017.
Brand new Volvo Penta D2-60 engine with 56hp and ONLY 43 engine hours. Adjustable propeller.
- LOA 11.59 m
- LWL 8.99 m
- BEAM 3.50 m
- DRAFT 1.60 m
- DISPLACEMENT 10,668 tons
- BALLAST 3,556 tons
- SAIL AREA 80 m2
- FUEL 238 l
- WATER 424 l
- New engine 2019. Volvo Penta D2-60 Diesel
- The Autopilot 2019
- New electrical system 2019
- New freshwater plant 2019 with cold and hot water
- New VV prepares 2019 at 15l. Electric and heat from motor
- New toilet 2019 and new system according to new rules
- New heater Wallas Spartan 4.5kw 2019. App-controlled.
- New hull penetrations 2019
- New sprayhood and chapel in 2017
- New VHF 2019
- GPS plotter
- New charger 2019 Charge Master 12V / 35Amp
- New cooling unit 2019 Isotherm Compact Classic 2001
- New shore power plant
- New pumps for fresh water, grey water and automatic emptying pump 2019
- Lead keel
- Powerful Rare rig from 2000, with baby stay and spray boom
- Roller mainsail
- Various extra sails
- Teak hull
- Teak deck
- Paraffin bysse
- Automatic and manual pumps
- Hot and cold water in galley and toilet
- Stainless steel tanks, two for diesel, fresh water and toilet.
- USB socket
- Zodiac 6 man life raft
- Viking 4 man life raft
- Fenders and mooring ropes
A well-built and presented classic cruising yacht offering good sailing performance with generous interior volume. A manageable size yet capable on long distance passage making. Upgraded in present ownership just over a year ago.
VIEWING: Through CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE
DISCLAIMER: Classic Yacht Brokerage offer the details and photographs of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information or images or warrant the condition of the vessel, machinery or rig. Buyers should instruct their representative, agents or their surveyors to investigate such details as the buyer requires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.