HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
HORUS II was built by Dickies of Bangor to the Trearddur Sailing Club One Design created in 1935.
The club, on Anglesey, founded in August 1919 has an established reputation for dinghy racing. In 1935 the club approached nearby boat builders Dickies of Bangor to design a clinker-built sailing dinghy to suit the coastal waters of the Straits. The original HORUS, built in 1927 was wrecked during the war and relaced in 1946 by HORUS II for R M O Stanley. In 1947 the boat went on to win the TBSC Novice Cup, which she won again in 1948, 1949, 1958, 1986, 1992 together with the Challenge Cup in 1948 and Ladies Cup in 1995.
After ownership by C W Bunn in 1953, D T H and Miss M Lake in 1958 HORUS was bought by D C Clarke and P J Hanson in 1961 and remained in their ownership for some 60 years. The current owner bought the boat some 6 years ago. In 1998 John Jones of Porth Diana Boat Yard refurbished HORUS II with continued upgrading in recent years.
Clinker planked mahogany hull, copper fastened to steam bent oak timbers. Mahogany transom, thwarts, side benches and gunwales. Painted topsides and fully varnished interior.
Set of 2014 red Sanders sails, high peaked gunter rig sets 107 sq.ft.
Pair oars, rowlocks, tiller extension, custom bilge pump.
Good Mersea galvanised road trailer, serviced in August 2020 with new wheels and wheel bearing. Fitted beaching trolley.
A rare opportunity to acquire a well constructed and maintained dinghy, refurbished in 2014, ideal for estuary, river, lakes or coastal sailing. An excellent boat for family sailing or as tender to a large classic motor yacht. In ready to sail condition to enjoy this summer. House move dictates a sale, seriously for sale.
Owner Supplied Image
VIEWING: Through CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE