HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
RED, originally Red Pirate was designed by the well respected John Bain for Hugh Hunter of Esher, Surrey and built by Silvers of Rosneath in 1947.
Mrs Evan Potter of Mougins, Paris became the second registered owner in the early 1950s.
In the late 1960s, The Bahamas Trading & Shipping Company of Port Lisbon acquired Red basing the vessel in Panama. She has remained in the Med. since with a complete restoration by a specialist Italian shipyard in 2001.
Double skin mahogany hull, on oak timbers and frames. Teal laid decks.
Twin 172hp 8LXB Gardner diesel engines installed in 1981. 11 knots @ 1,250rpm. 13 knots maximum speed. 2,650 fuel capacity. 4,500 freshwater capacity.
Accommodation in Four Cabins + Crew.
Two Twin Berth Cabins
Two Single Cabins
Four Heads / Showers
Wind speed and direction
Electric bilge pump
Generator – Onan 12 KW
Gangway – Manuale ed Elettrica
Tender – Dinghy in Legno, gommone con fuoribordo di 15 hp e motor scooter 50cc
Teak side decks
A substantial motor-yacht of great character and period charm offering comfortable live-aboard accommodation or extended cruising opportunities. Following a 2005 re-fit Red is offered for sale in full commission featuring two 8LXB Gardner engines.
Contact us for more information or an appointment to view.
VIEWING: Through CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE
DISCLAIMER: Classic Yacht Brokerage offer the details and photographs of this vessel in good faith as a guide but cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information or images, or warrant the condition of the vessel, machinery or rig. Buyers should instruct their representative, agents or their surveyors to investigate such details as the buyer requires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.