HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
The first Alan Pape Cuttyhunk 38 design dates from the late 1960s. In 1974 the Cuttyhunk 41 was introduced followed by the Cuttyhunk 54 in 1989. Alan Pape C. Eng MRINA is a well-known and respected English yacht designer based in Cornwall. Amongst his successful designs include the Saga 40 series of ocean-going yachts.
The Cuttyhunk Offshore Cruisers have sailed all over the world and are a proven blue-water design.
COPIHUE, built by Williams Boatyard, Cornwall in 1989 is a fine example of the class being of moulded GRP hull and deck construction.
Clipper style bow, short counter/transom stern, high free-board, long ballast keel.
Masthead ketch cutter rig, aluminium masts and spars, stainless steel rigging, furling headsails.
Teak fitted spacious and light interior, ideal for extended cruising or living aboard.
Three spacious stateroom accommodation layout includes a large private aft master stateroom with shower and heads, comfortable guest cabin forward with second shower and heads, large saloon and galley, and dedicated navigation centre. Exquisite varnished teak interior woodwork has many attractive joinery details. The cabin sole is also varnished teak.
Additional Interior Features:
- 16 opening hull ports
- Screens for opening ports
- Footlights throughout interior
- Epoxy sealed end-grains and sub-flooring
- All cabin sole pieces and wardrobes are positive locking for offshore passage-making.
The main saloon is amidships with custom U shaped settees to port. Large teak dining table with a hinged opening top for double size. Two seats to starboard with storage under.
- Nav seat with storage under
- Wine cabinet includes glass wine racks and glass storage
- Overhead lights, reading lights, fans
- Red footlights
- Five reading lights
- TV receiver in the navigation area
- Built-in Blaupunkt radio / CD player with Blaupunkt 10 CD changer, separate speakers and volume controls in saloon and cockpit.
Spacious master suite aft with a queen-sized bed. Tall lockers, one with hanging space. Large stowage locker below the bed. Stern opening ports, bookshelves and lockers.
- Lee cloth and hooks
- Overhead lights, reading lights
- Red footlights
- Air-conditioning unit and separate control panel
- One Hella fan
Ensuite Shower & Heads
- Telephone style shower with fold down seat
- Ceramic white washbasin and thermostat shower
- Mirror, lockers
- Manual head
- Linen cabinets
- 220 AC outlets
Forward Guest Cabin
The forward guest stateroom is full width with large V berth. Tall locker portside with hanging space.
- Double V berth
- Large table with hinged lid and tool rack inside, four drawers below and two lockers
- Lee cloths and hooks
- Overhead and three reading lights
- Red foot light
- 2 Hella fans
- Wall Mirror
- Shelves above beds
Forward Guest Head
- Ceramic washbasin
- Manual head with 50-litre holding tank
- Telephone style shower with thermostat and fold down seat
220 AC outlets, washing machine and dryer, four drawers aside and two lockers
U shaped galley to portside with excellent counter space and storage. The preferred arrangement for offshore sailing and liveaboard. Refrigerator with separate freezer, countertop doors, electric drain pump for galley grew-water tank. Multiple storage lockers and drawers outboard and below.
- Double stainless inboard sinks and inboard counter
- 24-volt refrigeration and freezer
- Refrigeration/freezer remote temperature gauges
- Force 10 gimballed propane 4 burner stove and oven
- Slide out trash container
- Slide out knife container
- Pressure fresh hot and cold water, pressure cold seawater and manual Whale foot pump for cold fresh water
- Dinner plates, side plates, bowls, smart holders for cups
- Hella fan
- Many overhead lights
- Red foot light
- Dishwasher 220 V and AC outlets
Forward facing nav station to starboard with flush mounted instrument panel and 12 v and 24 v/220v breaker panel, behind the door panels with fast-pin access to harness and breakers.
- Chart table with hinged top and room for full-size chart kit
- Generator control panel
- Inverter control panel together with Mastervolt monitors
- Tank tender water and fuel
- 12V, 24V and 220V outlets
- Red night vision lighting for charts
- JRC Inmarsat G fleet broadband, data and phone
- Raymarine ultra-bright sunlight viewable colour LCD large screen for plotter, computers, two mast top Marine cameras and TV
- Forward-looking sonar
- Sailor SSB radio
- Sailor VHF
- Automatic radar signal detector and resending a radar signal. Giving a warning signal if vessel close by
- Two fixed mounted computers
- Chart Plotter/Digital Radar Raymarine units with RC at helm and at nav station
- Seatalk to NMEA converter
- Raymarine electric autopilot
- Raymarine hydraulic separate autopilot with own wind indicator
- Sailor SSB with auto tuner
- Webasto central heater
- 2 Digitalyacht Marine PC computers
- Navtex weather
- Sailor VHF both in nav station and at helm
- Raymarine hailer and horn
- Raymarine sailing instruments in cockpit and nav station: depth, speed, wind etc.
- Insulated stay for SSB/HF transceiver antenna
- HP colour printer
- Mastervolt battery monitors for 12 V and 24 V
- 2 Spectra water makers for two separate water tanks
- Raymarine LifeTag Man Overboard System
- Raymarine SmartPilot systems one hydraulic and one mechanical rotary drive systems
- Raymarine HD Color open array radar scanner, 12kW
- Raymarine G Series system with ultra-bright sunlight viewable colour LCD one at the helm and one large one in nav station
- AIS (Automatic Identification System) system
- 2 Marine cameras mounted on top of searchlights, rotating
- 2 rotating searchlights one on main mast and one on mizzen mast
- Interphase Forward looking sonar
- FleetBroadband JRC JUE-250 (FB250)
Engine & Mechanical
- Yanmar 125 hp diesel with hydraulic gearbox ZF Hurth marine 3.74 reduction gear ratio (only 190 hours!, three years old)
- Fire retardant engine room sound insulation
- Shaft Seal
- Dual Racor fuel filtration and fuel polishing system
- SPURS® Line, Net & Weed Cutters
- J Prop 3 blade folding propeller (2007)
- Side-Power strong bow thruster (2007)
- AC compressor unit
- 12-volt holding plate freezer and refrigeration, top loading.
- Spectra Catalina watermaker, 300 gpd (2007)
VIEWING: Through CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE -+44 (0) 1905-356482
DISCLAIMER: Classic Yacht Brokerage offer the details and photographs of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information or images or warrant the condition of the vessel, machinery or rig. Buyers should instruct their representative, agents or their surveyors to investigate such details as the buyer requires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.