HISTORY & DESCRIPTION:
WENDY-MAY, designed by the legendary Maurice Griffiths was built in 1936 by Williams & Parkinson of Deganwy for Lt. Comdr. R G Wynne-Edwards R N of Aberdovey. After the war and during the 1940s and early 1950s she was owned by Lt. Col. A T C Priddle of Twickenham and registered in Portsmouth. Guy Agg of Hilders Court, Sussex and G J Scott-Plummer became joint owners in the mid-1950s. Dr. Wetherley-Mein of Twickenham became the next registered owner keeping WENDY-MAY on a mooring at Bursledon. In 1965 David Robb & Alastair Robb of Lower Froyle, Hampshire became joint owners keeping the yacht at Swanwick Shore. In 1970 Mark F Miller bought WENDY-MAY. Mark a dedicated yacht historian later went on to own two further Maurice Griffiths designed yachts, DIXIE D’OR and CINNAMON LADY, a Goodhope Design. During the late 1970s and 1980s, Mr & Mrs R L Munroe owned WENDY-MAY keeping her at Walton-on-Naze. Later owners included the secretary of the Old Gaffers Association Philip Slade and currently yachting journalist Dick Durham.
Traditional carvel construction with pitch-pine strakes all copper fastened to steam bent oak timbers. Sheathed double layered marine-ply decks. Teak brightwork.
Gaff Cutter rig sets 350 sq.ft plain sail. New North Sea Sails Spring 2016, mainsail and jib. Sail wardrobe includes staysail, storm jib, large balloon jib and second mainsail. Pine pole, keel stepped mast, pine boom, bowsprit and gaff. Bowsprit retractable thus reducing marina charges.
15hp VETUS DIESEL ENGINE fitted new 1999.
Traditional interior with teak joinery throughout and Taylors 079/KB cabin heater (paraffin) Port and starboard settee berths, galley with Taylors 028 two burner cooker. Fore cabin with two berths. Heads compartment with marine WC.
Inspection recommended. Good 2010 survey, copy available on request.
LYING: EAST COAST
VIEWING: Through the brokers – CLASSIC YACHT BROKERAGE – 01905-356482 / firstname.lastname@example.org